Hi there. Thank you for visiting my site, and I hope you’ll stay a while. There’s lots here for the writer, musician, writing teacher, homesteader, and those who just share those interests or one of my others.
For example, I have two conditions I blog about – adult ADD and Type 2 Diabetes.
I’m a published writer (poetry, fiction, nonfiction, scholarship) as well as a writing faculty at Indiana University Southeast, where I’ve taught for more than 15 years. I earned my MFA in poetry from Spalding University’s Low-Residency Program. In addition to teaching at Southeast, I give independent workshops and classes.
I also perform (acoustic guitar, dobro, ukulele, vocals, lap steel) with the Americana/Roots trio Molly’s Mutts.
Me and the family are micro-homesteaders, working a tad less than two acres in New Albany, In., across the Ohio River from Louisville, Ky., maintaining a native-plant meadow, organic garden, and egg-laying chickens, and writing about our projects.
Due to these many interests (and my ADD) updates are rather scattershot. But I do update as often as I can. Thank you for visiting.
I list literary and writing events on Facebook: Creative Writing Induicky
- I married the dugans - It was one of the great honors of my life to be asked to marry my beloved and awesome sister out-law Maryann Dugan and her… -
- New Poems: North Meridian R. - Hi. I wanted to share some good news. I have three poems featured in The North Meridian Review: A Journal of Culture and Scholarship, Volume… -
- On trying to teach students not to use clichés - With experience as a writer comes certainty about clichés (and their exceptions). Don't use 'em exclamation point period. These worn-out formulas add nothing to the… -
- Virtual Band Performance: John Prine’s “Angel from Montgomery” - Greetings, everyone. I'm excited to have a new remix uploaded today. Here's a virtual performance of John Prine's "Angel from Montgomery" with the addition of… -
- Listen to an amazing poem by Gwendolyn Brooks - If you're into poetry, then you'll love this series celebrating the 110th Anniversary of the Poetry Society of America. Here's Major Jackson reading a poem… -
- “Paper Wings” (Gillian Welch) Cover - Here's a track I forgot I had. Recorded a couple of years ago at TNT Studios in Louisville. Personnel: The Bourbon Sidecars with: Michael Jackman… -
I also have writing and lessons available in the store.